Looking for high-impact, meaningful volunteering opportunities to acquire new skills or using your experience? Interested in helping empower and organize low-income, people of color to build environmentally healthy communities? Whether you are a GTC member or not; perhaps you are someone passionate about the impact of climate change, air pollution, wild fires, flooding, hurricanes, and the like; or you are interested in learning more about environmental justice, consider joining our Volunteer Team and work alongside our dedicated team who will guide and support you.
We need people who can do phone banking, help support fundraising, participate in community outreach, assist with marketing & communications, and provided technical & administrative support.
If any of this piques your interest, let us know by completing the form below and we will be in touch.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Join Our Volunteer Team
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Join the Green The Church's FreeLance Writing Team!
Writers needed to craft content for GTC’s digital platforms around Green Theology, Sustainable Practices, & Building Power
for Change. If you are a savvy self-starter, creative, driven, and passionate about the environmental and sustainability movement, as well as economic resilience in the Black community, we definitely need you on our team!
ABOUT GREEN THE CHURCH
Green The Church is a sustainability initiative designed to tap into the power and purpose of the Black Church Community and expand the role of churches as centers for environmental and economic resilience. As The Environmental Organization of the Black Church, we strive to teach faith communities, environmental organizations, and individual practitioners how to work in concert in order to “Green” The Black Church. For over ten years now we have worked to develop a repository of congregations working in this sector. We continue to grow that repository and use it to engage the wider community as a nonprofit Educational Institute with an online portal to empower others who would like to work at this intersection as well; in that way, we will become a more efficient catalyst for the movement.
Our growing organization is in need of a talented writer to craft and edit content for our digital platforms and print publications. The main goal of this role is to generate, nurture and convert leads through informative and engaging content. The ideal candidate will be a skilled wordsmith and storyteller that can showcase our vision and mission in a compelling way. The successful applicant will be a team player that's ready to give and receive feedback. You should be a stickler for meeting deadlines and great at multi-tasking, as we balance multiple projects at once. Preference will be given to those with a passion for the environmental issues, sustainability, and environmental justice, with a familiarity of the Black Church community.
• Craft and edit content for GTC’s digital platforms and print publications around Green Theology, Sustainable Practices, and Building Power for Change.
• Generate and convert leads through informative and engaging content.
• Research, develop, investigate and write a variety of news stories through interviews, observation, and online resources.
• Liaising with associate editors
• Present content in an honest and balanced manner
• Help to ensure the tone and intended audience of the story
• Produce consistent thought-provoking stories
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Ability to research and learn about environmental and sustainability topics
• Good knowledge of English language.
• Thorough attention to detail.
• Ability to accept criticism and meet editorial deadlines.
• Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• 1-2 years freelance, agency writing experience or related experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field